At Making Connections your privacy and data protection rights are very important to us.
Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data, in both paper and electronic format. The Data Protection 2018, and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016, lay down strict rules about the way in which personal data and sensitive personal data are collected, accessed, used and disclosed. The Data Protection Acts also permit individuals to access their personal data on request, and confer on individuals the right to have their personal data amended if found to be incorrect.
Inquiries about this access request policy Subject Access Request Policy should be made by emailing email@example.com or by writing to MAKING CONNECTIONS, Glenard, 36 Roebuck Road, Clonskeagh, Dublin.14
ACCESS REQUEST POLICY AND PROCEDURES
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
This document outlines Making Connections’s Access Request Policy to help ensure that we comply with the access request provisions of the Data Protection Acts. The policy was approved by the Board of Making Connections on 24th May, 2018.
(I) MAKING AN ACCESS REQUEST
Under the Data Protection Act, you may receive a copy of your personal data held by Making Connections on request, subject to payment of a fee of €6.35.
In order to respond to your request we require you to:
- Complete, sign and date the Access Request Form*(PDF) (WORD). Please be as specific as possible about the information you wish to access;
- Attach a photocopy of your proof of identity and address to the Access Request Form;
- Enclose a cheque or postal money order payable to Making Connections in the amount of €6.35; and
- Post the Access Request Form to us at Data Protection Coordinator, Making Connections, Glenard, 36 Roebuck Road, Clonskeagh, Dublin.14
* If you cannot download the Access Request Form from the internet please write to us requesting a form at Data Protection Coordinator, Making Connections, Glenard, 36 Roebuck Road, Clonskeagh, Dublin.14 and we shall send you a copy by return post.
Please note the following important requirements;
- we reserve the right not to process an access request that is not made in our Access Request Form format;
- we shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to Making Connections; and
- we do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
(II) RESPONDING TO YOUR ACCESS REQUEST
Once we have received your fully completed Access Request Form, your proof of identity and address and the prescribed fee we shall respond to you within the statutory period of 1 month.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your access request you are entitled to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate the matter for you. The Data Protection Commissioner’s website contains useful information on access requests and other data protection issues at www.dataprotection.ie.
This Access Request Policy is supplemented (and may be amended) by specific policies and procedures adopted by Directorates within Making Connections and subsidiaries of Making Connections. In the event of a conflict between this Access Request Policy and those of our Directorates and subsidiaries, then the latter policies and procedures shall prevail.
Overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with the access request provisions of the Data Protection Act rests with Making Connections. However, our responsibility varies depending upon whether we are acting as either a Data Controller or a Data Processor.
All employees and contractors of Making Connections who separately collect, control or process the content and use of personal data are individually responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Act. The Data Protection Coordinator co-ordinates the provision of support, assistance, advice, and training throughout the Making Connections organisation to ensure the organisation is in a position to comply with the legislation.
This Access Request Policy will be reviewed regularly in light of any legislative or other relevant developments.